There are many umbrella companies within the UK who don’t have their client’s best interests at heart, but how do you identify the reliable and legitimate companies from the others?
In this blog, we’ll give you our advice and suggestions on how to spot the difference
What should I look for?
- Recommendations A reliable company will have recommendations from clients. This also shows you that the company has been around for a substantial period of time.
- Preferred supplier list Do your research to see if your umbrella company is included in the preferred supplier list of your employer.
- Established Make sure you go with a brand name that you trust that is established and respected within the sector.
- Customer Service How difficult is it to get in touch with your umbrella company? A legitimate and customer focused company will at least allow you to speak to another human. If the company you’re working with is very difficult to contact, this could be a bad sign
- Compliance How difficult is it to get information to substantiate the compliance policy of the Umbrella Company? A legitimate company will offer this easily.
Although it may seem daunting, choosing an umbrella company should be easy and straightforward if you choose the right one.
Want to know how we can keep your business ticking over by offering compliant payroll solutions? Contact our friendly, knowledgeable staff today to discuss what we can do for you.